Abraham Catering is a full service caterer specializing in social and corporate events. We can handle events for 10 guests to 5000. We offer a selection of menus and packages; however, many of our events are customized to meet the needs of each client.
With over 60 years of experience, our team will ensure that your event is a success.
We value our history in the community and are passionate about giving back.
Mission: FAMILY-LOVE-TRUST: We Invite You To Our Table
Vision: “Our Vision is to live our Values and uphold the shared belief that we are a team that gets better when it gets harder”
Josephine Abraham and George H. Abraham Senior, started Abraham Catering Service, Inc. in 1951.
Hap’s dad had a vision that the catering business would someday be bigger and better than the restaurant business. It turned out that for him, it was correct.
After graduating from the culinary Institute of America in 1968, Hap returned to Omaha to join his mother and father’s catering business. By 1972, business was booming. They secured the catering contract for the Firehouse Dinner Theater in the Old Market, which propelled their presence in the catering world through media play reviews. They also acquired the catering contract for the upstairs dinner theater and the Westroads Dinner Theater. Dinner theaters came to an end in the mid-80s.
In 1992, Hap purchased the building in Ralston, which is still their home base today. It has allowed for the business to continue its growth.
His daughter, Jennifer Kobs, joined the family company in 1995, followed by her husband, Brian Kobs in 1996. Since their arrival, Abraham Catering has grown to be the largest catering company in the state of Nebraska, catering as many as 25 events (totaling 5000 people) each weekend during the wedding season. They also maintain a very large corporate business throughout the week.
- Complete party-planning assistance is available, for every aspect of arrangements—from location to entertainment to decorations.
- This establishment recognizes the increased risk of eating certain raw or undercooked foods, such as ground beef, eggs, or oysters. For your safety, we will only serve raw or undercooked foods per individual customer order.
- We can custom-design menus for any occasion on request.
- See a sample four-course plated meal here, a sample buffet here, and a sample plated menu here
Special Diets and Allergies
- We will do our very best to accommodate dietary restrictions.
- Please let your event manager know any special requests.
- Guests serve themselves.
- Seats may be assigned or guests may choose their own seats.
- China service or disposables are appropriate.
- Guests are served all courses at their tables.
- China service is required.
- Closed holidays: New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Parties on Sundays must be 100 people or more, or special pricing arrangements may be made.
- A fee of $70 is charged for all deliveries on all Saturdays and Sundays and before 8:30 am and after 4:00 pm on weekdays.
- A fee of $20 is charged for all deliveries on weekdays from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Service team and bartenders, dressed in black and silver, are available.
- Service fees and/or hourly rates for Service Team & Bartenders will be applied based on event venue and details. A 4-hour minimum for all personnel is applied.
- Parties requiring chefs on location are charged $125 per chef.
Pricing and Tax
- All prices are subject to a service charge and sales tax as required by state law, and are subject to change.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover are accepted.